Jyotiba Temple is a sacred Hindu shrine in Kolhapur. It is dedicated to Lord Dattatreya, a manifestation of the combined power of the holy Hindu Trinity, Brahma-Vishnu-Mahesh. This temple stands on a hillock that has an elevation of 3,124 feet above the sea level. It draws a huge number of devotees throughout the year, especially during Chaitra Poornima.
It Is Known For:-
1) Jyotiba Temple is dedicated to Lord Dattatreya. He was an incarnation of the combined powers of the holy Hindu trinity.
2) They took this form to kill the demons Ratnasur and Raktabhoj and putting their tyranny to an end.
3) He also helped Goddess Lakshmi to fight a war against demons. After the war, he chose the hillock as his abode.
4) Lord Dattatreya also founded the Nath community in Hinduism.
5) His shrine was built on the hillock by a wealthy merchant known by the name of Ranoji Shinde.
6) Chaitra Poornima is an auspicious day and is observed here with a great pomp. The entire hillock turns greenish pink as the devotees apply gulaal in abundance to each other.
Best Time To Visit:-
Jyotiba Temple is a mesmerizing attraction that should be visited during a trip to Kolhapur. Though it can be visited throughout the year, Chaitra Poornima is the time when it attracts countless devotees of Lord Dattatreya. A big fair is organized here that promises to merrymake to all.
Jyotiba Temple is well-connected via all roads in Kolhapur. Due to the location on a hillock, it can be reached conveniently either by enjoying a small trek or by hiring the service of the local cabs and jeeps available.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Station
Nearest Airport:- Kolhapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KolhapurView All
Best Travel Packages in KolhapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.