No place other than the banks of Rankala Lake is appropriate for spending a lazy weekend in Kolhapur. Rankala Lake is one of the eminent tourist sites in Maharashtra. This vast lake is blessed with the captivating surroundings and a compelling history. According to the legend, the present-day lake used to be a huge quarry of stones but due to a massive quake, the water emanated from an underground source and thereby resulted in the formation of this lake.
It Is Known For:-
1) Rankala Lake is known for its beauteous surroundings.
2) It is seen as a perfect spot for relishing fun activities like enjoying a day’s itinerary with the closed ones.
3) On the northern side of the lake is Shalini Palace that dates back to the age of Shivaji.
4) Since it is a major recreational spot for visitors, the area around it has been equipped with parks and small eateries that serve the snacks prepared under hygienic conditions.
5) Boating is an activity that can be relished at Rankala Lake.
Best Time To Visit:-
Excluding the daytime in summers, any season is regarded best for spending a good quality time at Rankala Lake. People can enjoy boating in the lake and can also swim till a limited depth. It should be visited during monsoons for witnessing the flow.
No entry fee is charged from the visitors but one has to pay a certain charge for parking their vehicles. Littering the place is an offense and should be avoided.
Rankala Lake is well-connected to entire Kolhapur city via all major roads and railheads. It can be reached by hiring the service of the local transit like a bus or cab.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Station
Nearest Airport:- Kolhapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KolhapurView All
Best Travel Packages in KolhapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.