1. Castro dos Mouros : - it is a beautiful castle surrounded with pretty garden and is privately owned but can be visited. The castle is purely of the Roman style. It has beautiful sceneries, tall walls and carved gates.
Igreja Santa Maria do Castelo: is a place in Castro dos Mouros only which has a beautifully carved tomb of gothic architecture.
2. Igreja da Misericórdia : - In spite of the rebuilding done after the 1755 earthquake the church is one of the best examples of Renaissance religious architecture in the Algarve.
3. Igreja do Carmo : - it is located on the north side of the town and boasts of some splendid choir stalls.
4. Ilha de Tavira : - is located offshore to Tavira. It has a beach several miles long and flat dunes.
5. Ponte : - is the only bridge that is seven arched. It lies north of the Praça da República. It is of Roman origin and a place worth visiting.
6. Praca da Republica (Praca da República) : - The center of Tavira is the Praça da República. To the east of this place lies the municipal park and and to its southeast stands the town's covered market, with street cafes all around.