Arna Jharna is a well-known tourist spot in Jodhpur. It is a desert museum that never fails to attract numerous people. It was conceptualized by Komal Kothari along with her son Kuldeep Kothari. This museum spans over an entire area of 10 acres of land and exhibits various attractions. It is an ideal place to gain the knowledge about the rural communities and their lifestyle.
It Is Known For:-
1) Arna Jharna is a famous museum that allows the visitors to peek into the lives of the rural communities all over Jodhpur.
2) This museum houses the real huts made up of mud, hay, and bamboo.
3) The prime highlight of this museum is the vast collection of the brooms that were utilized by the rural communities. It has some galleries where different artifacts like the utensils and other toys are displayed.
4) Arna Jharna Museum also provides the information on the traditional dances of the rural communities of Jodhpur as well.
5) The folk music and dance performances are held at this museum every evening.
Best Time To Visit:-
Arna Jharna Museum never fails to attract the history lovers and tourists. It is a place that offers the knowledge that people hardly find in the textbooks or on the internet. Excluding the national holidays and festivals, any time of the year is seen as the best for paying a visit to this museum.
Entry to Arna Jharna Museum is paid for all visitors.
Due to its location on the outer circle of Jodhpur, it is well-connected via the highway that connects it with the main city of Jodhpur. Numerous buses are available for commuting to & from Arna Jharna Museum.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jodhpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Jodhpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JodhpurView All
Best Travel Packages in JodhpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.