Located 2 km away from the main city of Jodhpur, Mahamandir Temple is one of the frequented Hindu temples. It is an ancient shrine that was built in the early eighteenth-century by the royal Rajput family. Mahamandir Temple enshrines Lord Shiva where he is depicted in the form of a Shivalinga. This temple is an important religious site for the followers of Mahadeva and is visited by the tourists and locals alike.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mahamandir Temple is known for its traditional Rajasthani style of architecture.
2) It has 84 pillars in its premises and each pillar has unique carving done on it.
3) The interior walls also carry the amazing artwork in the Rajasthani style.
4) As a person approaches towards the sanctum, an idol of Nandi, the bull, can be seen in a seated position.
5) A huge Shivalinga is placed inside the sanctum with the idols of the Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha, and Lord Kartikeya.
6) The festival of Maha Shivaratri is a major festival that is celebrated here with a great enthusiasm. Special prayers are made to the Lord throughout the day.
Best Time To Visit:-
Mahamandir Temple is a place that is not-so-far from Jodhpur. It attracts locals and tourists alike on an extensive scale. There is no specific season for paying a visit to this temple as it can be visited throughout the year on all days.
Mahamandir Temple has a well-established network of the roadways and railways. Such connectivity allows people to reach this place without any discomfort. The local buses and taxis ply in plenty on the route towards Mahamandir Temple.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jodhpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Jodhpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JodhpurView All
Best Travel Packages in JodhpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.