Nakki Lake is one of the 'Precious Gems' of Mount Abu. It is a famous lake in the hill station that has a depth of 80 feet and a width as long as a kilometer. It is blessed with the beautiful green surroundings that catch the sight immediately. The serenity of Nakki Lake lures visitors from different parts of the state and hence, makes it stand one amid the must-see places in Mount Abu.
It Is Known For:-
1) Nakki Lake is known for its enchanting location. It is surrounded by the hills of Aravalli ranges in all the four directions
2) Such location is simply irresistible by visitors as it is not less than a treat for eyes
3) This lake is the place where the ashes of Mahatma Gandhi were immersed
4) It has different legends associated with it. According to a famous Hindu folklore, this lake was dug by the nails of the Hindu demigods. Another legend says that this lake was created millions of years ago when a comet struck the earth's surface with a great force
5) Presently, Nakki Lake is a hub of tourism. Numerous activities like boating, jet skiing, parasailing etc. can be enjoyed by the visitors.
Best Time To Visit:-
Nakki Lake is surrounded by the towering trees and rocky cliffs that enhance its beauty. It catches the attention of people and is flocked by numerous people on a daily basis. It can be visited throughout the year without any restriction.
All fun activities are chargeable and throwing the litter in the lake, whether biodegradable, is a punishable offense.
The local taxis are the best option for reaching Nakki Lake as it is now well-connected with all the major roadways of the hill town.
Nearest Railway Station- Mount Abu Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Jaipur Airport
Top Things To Do In Mount AbuView All
Best Travel Packages in Mount AbuView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.