Shankar Math is a sacred Hindu shrine in the beautiful hill station of Mount Abu. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva where he is worshiped in the form of a Shivalinga. This math was established in the year 1977. Every day, this shrine is visited by numerous devotees. Also, the Hindu monks can be seen at this shrine serving the Shivalinga.
It Is Known For:-
1) Shankar Math is known for housing a huge Shivalinga. It has a height of 9 feet and measures 6 feet in its width
2) It is made up of the black stone and when it was being carved, the impression of dreadlocks and Lord Shiva’s third eye appeared on it. This gave this math the status of the special math in Mount Abu
3) The sanctum where the Shivalinga is placed has a unique architecture. It is built in a manner that whenever it rains, the water directly pours on the Shivalinga
4) The religious aarti is conducted thrice a day and a special bhasm aarti takes place on every Monday and on the occasion of Maha Shivaratri, Holi, Diwali, and the Hindu New Year
5) Shankar Math is also known for its philanthropy. Its authorities educate the underprivileged free of cost and provide them with 3 meals in a day
Best Time To Visit:-
Shankar Math is an amazing place to visit. Its ethereal ambiance provides a mental and spiritual calmness. It can be visited during any time of the year, especially during the festive seasons. It is the period when the entire math is decorated beautifully.
Shankar Math stands in a busy area of the hill station of Mount Abu. It has a good connectivity of the roads and railheads that allow devotees and tourists to commute smoothly within the town. The local transit is considered as the best option for reaching Shankar Math conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station- Mount Abu Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Jaipur Airport
Top Things To Do In Mount AbuView All
Best Travel Packages in Mount AbuView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.