Surrounded by the garnet green vegetation and blest with a serene ambiance, Bear Shola Falls is a famous attraction in Kodaikanal. According to the local tales, it is said that a lot of bears used to come at this site for drinking water that gave this waterfall the name Bear Shola. It is a seasonal waterfall that flows with a great speed during monsoons. The off-season time is the right time for enjoying trekking at this place.
It Is Known For:-
1) Bear Shola Falls is located in a secluded region and is known for its beautiful surroundings
2) Its ambiance makes it a famous and a frequented place. It is visited by the locals and visitors on a huge scale
3) Since it is a seasonal waterfall, its true beauty can be seen during the monsoons. The flow and the speed of the fall double-up and form a pool
4) Locals also claim that the minerals found in its waters have a capacity of healing the fever
5) Excluding the monsoons, the other seasons are regarded as the appropriate time for enjoying trekking in the woods around this waterfall
Best Time To Visit:-
The visitors often pay a casual visit to the secluded site of Bear Shola Falls due to its serenity. The beauty of Bear Shola Falls never fails to attract the visitors on a large scale and thus, it is visited by the tourists throughout the year.
Despite its location in secluded surroundings, Bear Shola Falls has a well-established network of the roadways. The local buses and taxis ply to its route frequently.
Nearest Railway Station- Kodai Junction
Nearest Airport- Madurai Airport
Top Things To Do In KodaikanalView All
Best Travel Packages in KodaikanalView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.