Depicting the beauty of nature in real words, Moir Point is a captivating view point in Kodaikanal. The entire surroundings of this place stand among the beautiful green hills. It bears the name of a British engineer, Thomas Moir. He was appointed to construct a 40-miles road in the year 1929 to connect Kodaikanal and Berijam Lake. The fusion of serenity with the beauty of this place is simply indescribable.
It Is Known For:-
1) Moir Point is a beautiful spot surrounded by the green hills that remain under a thin blanket of mist most of the time
2) This viewpoint is located at a higher altitude and offers a bird's eye view of the entire region around
3) The presence of the serenity in its atmosphere makes it an ideal spot to rejuvenate the tired senses
4) The hills around this view point are famous for relishing the venture of rock climbing
5) Due to its beauty, it is a haven for nature photographers
Best Time To Visit:-
Moir Point remains crowded with the tourists on a daily basis. People arrive here for spending a good quality time with their families. The best time for visiting this place is throughout the year as the temperatures usually remain pleasant.
Moir Point is a famous attraction in Kodaikanal and is visited by the people on a huge scale. It is connected via roadways and railways. Numerous local buses and taxis are available for reaching this place without any inconvenience.
Nearest Railway Station- Kodai Junction
Nearest Airport- Madurai Airport
Top Things To Do In KodaikanalView All
Best Travel Packages in KodaikanalView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.