NYK Maritime Museum is a famous museum located in Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. The museum was opened in the year, 1993 and exhibits Japan’s maritime history. During ones visit to NYK Maritime Museum Yokohama, one can gather knowledge about shipping company Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha ("NKK Line") and museum's operator. One can enlighten oneself with how Japan’s sea route in Meiji period was opened to overseas. One can get acquainted with the history surrounding ships transferring people and goods, overwhelmingly by visiting the museum.
The museum can be reached easily by foot from Bashamichi Station on the Minatomirai Line. It takes only two minutes.
- There is a resting area in the museum.
- Free tea service is also available in the resting area.
The museum stays open from 10:00 - 17:00
Closed for Public On
- The museum stays closed on Mondays. But if Monday happens to be a public holiday, the museum is kept open on Mondays.
- The museum is also closed on New Year holidays.
- The museum stays closed on days when exhibits are to be changed.
The entry in the museum is made by purchasing nominally priced tickets.
Top Things To Do In YokohamaView All
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.