Situated at Naka-ku in Yokohama, Yokohama Silk Museum gives opportunity to the visitors to explore the silk trade of the country overwhelmingly. The museum also exhibits silk kimonos. During ones visit, one can enlighten oneself about the relevance of Yokohama as a silk port. One can also explore Yokohama scarves, eatables comprising of silk, books and various silk-related items in the museum.
Objective of Yokohama Silk Museum
- Silk Museum Yokohama operates with the objective to make the visitors understand the science and process of silk production.
- The museum also exhibits splendid costumes for people with the objective to promote them and to increase the silk demand.
The opening hours of the museum are 09:00 - 16:30. The gates close by 16:00.
- The museum stays closed on Mondays. But in case Monday happens to be a public holiday, museum stays open on Mondays also.
- The museum stays closed on new year holidays
- The days when the exhibits are to be changed, the museum is kept closed for public.
There is a nominal fee for entering the museum. The visitors have to purchase tickets to enter inside the museum.
Foreign Language Support
Foreigners can enjoy reading pamphlets printed in English language.
Top Things To Do In YokohamaView All
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.