Need a sabbatical from the hustle-bustle of the city life? Then, New Smyrna Beach is an ideal destination to spend some time in solitude and be a part of the serene and tranquil surroundings. New Smyrna Beach is situated on the eastern coast of Florida and is surrounded by water bodies i.e. Atlantic Ocean on east, Intra coastal Waterway on the west and the Mosquito Lagoon between the two. Enhancing the charm of the beach is the white sand that stretches over 13 miles with the additional coastline of around 24miles. This beach has been voted as the “Best Beach in Florida”.
New Smyrna Beach is the best place for any type of outdoor activities. This has garnered a lot of tourist attention.
- You can indulge in all types of water activities such as swimming, scuba diving and parasailing. It is an ideal place for playing golf or hiking. Tourists can enjoy windsurfing, surf fishing, canoeing and kayaking. New Smyrna Beach is an ideal place for any type of sports and various recreational or cultural activities. It has been termed as “The World's Safest Bathing Beach”.
- Also, if you want to learn about diverse ecology of Florida, boat tours are made available to the Indian River Lagoon and to Canaveral National Seashore’s lagoon and dunes. You will also find here various endangered species of birds and animals.
- In close vicinity to the beach are various museums and performing art centers. To entice more visitors, festivals and concerts are held every weekend in these centers.
- You need not find accommodation far away from the beach as you can find hotels and restaurants nearby. Enjoy and relish the scrumptious cuisine that these restaurants offer to its visitors.
- There are major well-known attractions close by to the beach, which includes Kennedy Space Center, Universal Studios, Disney World and Sea World.