If you come to Faro then don’t miss the Faro International Motorcycle Rally, a festival renowned in Europe. It is one of the biggest of its kind.There is also a students' festival (Semana Académica da Universidade do Algarve), organized every year by students from the University of the Algarve, in Faro.
Sports in Faro are one of the major reasons for choosing it as a holiday destination. Faro offers you a wide range of options in aquatic sports as well as dry land sports. Aquatic sports like kite surf, water skiing, scuba diving, snorkeling etc is definitely going to catch your interest. Dry land sports include trekking, cycling, horseback riding Golf are also equally famous.Best Places to visit :
1. Capela d’Ossos (Chapel of Bones) : - is a unusual chapel made of human bones. It is one of the greatest attractions in Faro. This chapel is inside the “Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Monte do Carmo do Faro”, which was erected in 1713 and finished in the 19th century.
2. Se (Cathedral) : - This church is the most important building in Faro and was constructed over the former site of a mosque. The church is originally of Gothic style.
3. Tavira : - is a gorgeous town located just 29Km east of Faro city. It is a peaceful village surrounded by marvel green fields and several carob trees. Tavira is located on the banks of the “Gilao” and “Ségua” rivers and is also called as “Venice of Algarve”.
4. Arco da Vila (Village Arch) : - is a monumental arch, which was designed by the famous Italian architect Francisco Xavier Fabri. It is located south of the “Manuel Bivar” garden.
5. Estoi : - is a little village situated 8Km northeast of Faro. This is a typical town of the Algarve province. The main attraction in this village is the famous “Palácio de Estói” (Estoi Palace).
6. Archaeological Museum : - It is located few meters south of Faro’s Cathedral at “Alfonso III” square. The museum is there since 1973. It has an important collection of Roman, Manueline and Medieval items.
Llha de Tavira is the way to board Praia De Barril. The walk to Praria De Barril is very appeasing and the sceneries around is just amazing. That is ...
Faro beach is a huge beach located at Faro in Portugal. Earlier the town of faro was known as a sleepy town but now it has all the facilities that Eur...
emperatures in Faro range from 7.35 to 31.2 (Celcius).