Don Bosco Museum is one of India’s famous museums. It is a unique museum that is built in a different style of architecture as compared to the other buildings. It is a seven-storey building and stands in a hexagonal shape. Unlike other museums that exhibit different items/artifacts, Don Bosco Museum also exhibits the artifacts and organizes various competitions for the visitors.
It Is Known For:-
1) Don Bosco Museum is known for housing various galleries under the same roof. There are total 16 galleries related to the different sectors of employment in Meghalaya.
2) It has an agricultural gallery that exhibits the different techniques that were practiced for growing and cultivating the crops. It also showcases different ploughs as well.
3) The art gallery inside this museum displays various paintings from the Monolithic Age in Meghalaya.
4) To see the amazing work of creating baskets by weaving the bamboo, the art gallery is the place where individuals can go.
5) The jewelry gallery houses various ornaments made up of iron and stone. The rare unpolished ancient diamonds are exhibited here as well. The names of other galleries are music gallery, education & development gallery, food and spice gallery etc. that display different fascinating things.
Best Time To Visit:-
Don Bosco Museum in Meghalaya is a huge crowd puller. Numerous people visit this place for observing the culture of Meghalaya and the advancements during different periods of time. It can be visited throughout the year.
The entry to this museum for all individuals is paid and entirely depends on the nationality. Therefore, one should carry an identity proof. No school student can avail the discounted entry unless a valid identity proof is produced at the entrance gate.
To reach Don Bosco Museum, people can hire the service of the local transit as they are available on a frequent basis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Guwahati Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Shillong Airport
Top Things To Do In ShillongView All
Best Travel Packages in ShillongView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.