Sivasagar Sivadol is one of the fantastic tourist destinations in Assam. It is a group of monuments that comprise the ancient Hindu temples. Sivadol, Vishnudol, and Devidol are the monuments that are visited on a huge scale. Bar Raja Ambika was the founder of Sivasagar Sivadol. This temple complex stands near Sivasagar (the ocean of Lord Shiva) and derives its name from it.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sivasagar Sivadol is an ancient temple complex in the city of Sivasagar
2) It came into existence somewhere between 1731 and 1738. It has the temples that were carved out of rocks
3) Sivadol is a temple enshrining Lord Shiva. It represents the traditional Shikhara style of architecture and has a rock Shivalinga in the sanctum
4) There are different carvings on the walls of Sivadol like Goddess Durga, Kali, Lord Ganesha, Krishna etc.
5) The walls of Sivadol also depict Shaktism
6) It has 2 other temples, Vishnudol and Devidol standing close to it. As per the names, he temples have Lord Vishnu and Goddess Durga as the presiding deity respectively
Best Time To Visit:-
Sivasagar Sivadol is a religious cum tourist site in Sivasagar town. Many visitors flock to this complex in a large number. Any season is appropriate for visiting Sivasagar Sivadol. Many tourists prefer visiting this site in a pleasant weather.
Maha Shivaratri is the prominent festival here. Many devotees visit Sivasagar Sivadol on the occasion of Maha Shivaratri in February-March. The temple is decorated and Prasad is distributed among all devotees.
Sivasagar city has a wide connectivity to Assam via roadways, railways, and airways. People reach the city of Sivasagar via state-run buses, broad gauge trains, and flights. These modes are the apt modes to reach conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station - Sivasagar Town Railway Station
Nearest Airport - Jorhat Airport
Top Things To Do In SivsagarView All
Best Travel Packages in SivsagarView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.