Talatal Ghar is a famous name among the tourist sites in Assam. It stands in Sivasagar and was built in the late 17th century. It served as a palace and army base in the previous times. Talatal Ghar is known as the largest structure ever constructed by the Ahoms. The tourists visit Talatal Ghar on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Talatal Ghar is an attention-grabbing monument and is known for its architecture
2) It was primarily built as an army base for the safety of army. It has two secret tunnels that were used as exit routes by the Ahom army
3) Swargadeo Singha added three floors to this structure below the ground. Bricks and indigenous cement were used for the construction
4) The tunnels were 3 and 16 km long respectively. The first tunnel connects to Dikhow River and the other to Garhgaon Palace
5) An ancient cannon store lies within the premises of Talatal Ghar
Best Time To Visit:-
Talatal Ghar never fails to attract the visitors. Tourists flock to this place on a huge scale throughout the year. Each season, excluding summers, is appropriate for visiting this place. Nobody has to pay any fee for entering Talatal Ghar.
Talatal Ghar is a monument of national interest. The state and zonal authorities ensure the maintenance of the place. There are certain rules that one should follow when visiting Talatal Ghar. Dumping of the trash and damaging the property, in any form, is strictly prohibited.
The nearest city to Talatal Ghar is Sivasagar. It is well-connected to Assam via highways, railways, and airways. People can reach this city by state-run buses, express trains, and flights.
Nearest Railway Station - Sivasagar Town Railway Station
Nearest Airport - Jorhat Airport
Top Things To Do In SivsagarView All
Best Travel Packages in SivsagarView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.