Rang Ghar or Rong Ghor is a famous building in Sivasagar (Assam). It is a former sports pavilion that was built during the rule of Ahom dynasty. The sports like a horse race, buffalo fight etc., used to take place at Rang Ghar. It stands in the Ahom architecture and is one of the oldest existing amphitheaters in Assam. Tourists visit this site on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) No cement was used for the construction of Rang Ghar. A thick paste of rice and eggs was used for adjoining the bricks
2) Different events like animal bouts, wrestling, dance performances etc. were organized at this place
3) Due to the natural calamities and continuous exposure to the weather, the frame of this
amphitheatre was weakened. The state government used cement for the remodeling of Rang Ghar
4) The surrounding lawn of this place is enchanting and provides calmness to eyes
5) It was the logo of the 33rd National Games that were held in Guwahati in 2007
Best Time To Visit:-
Rang Ghar is an amazing travel destination. It attracts the tourists from different parts of Assam. Thus, one doesn’t have to wait for a specific season. Each season is appropriate for visiting Rang Ghar.
Rang Ghar has emerged as a major photo shoot destination. Many photographers visit this place to capture the beauty of Rang Ghar in their camera. Moreover, it is a widely preferred pre-wedding photo shoot destination for many.
Sivasagar is well-connected to the major highways, railways, and airways. Many state-run buses, broad gauge trains, and flights are chosen for traveling to the city from other parts of Assam.
Nearest Railway Station - Sivasagar Town Railway Station
Nearest Airport - Jorhat Airport
Top Things To Do In SivsagarView All
Best Travel Packages in SivsagarView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.