Tagged as the largest lake in the entire Nagpur City, Ambazari Lake is one of the eleven famous lakes in Nagpur. This lake flows 6 kilometers on the Western outskirts of the city and was constructed during the rule of Bhosle dynasty in 1870 for supplying water to the city. Interestingly, this lake is the origin point for Nag River. It is a marvelous site and spending a couple of hours on its banks is preferred by many.
It Is Known For:-
1) Ambazari Lake is known for its beauty. The calm backwaters of this lake make it a prominent and a must-see destination in Nagpur.
2) It was constructed for fulfilling the needs of the water in the kingdom.
3) A beautiful garden is located nearby. The strategic location of the river and garden compliments each other.
4) The garden is equipped with different rides and swings for kids. It frequented by adults as well for walking and spending the leisure time.
5) The facility of boating is available here and one can relish the fun by rendering a small amount for the same.
Best Time To Visit:-
Ambazari Lake is an amazing point of interest in Nagpur. This place can be visited during any season of the year. However, the best time to make the visit worth is between September-February.
The entry to this lake is free and no amount is charged from visitors. Only the activity of boating is chargeable.
Ambazari Lake is located adjacent to Ambazari Garden and has a well-established connection of roadways. The local transit is available in plentitude for reaching this lake easily.
Nearest Railway Station:- Nagpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Airport
Top Things To Do In NagpurView All
Best Travel Packages in NagpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.