Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan popularly known as The Kaiyukan is an aquarium based in Japans’ Ward of Minato near the Osaka Bay. Reputed as one of the largest aquarium one of the public, it is home to a wide variety of water organisms. The Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan is a beautiful place and a member of the Japanese Association of Zoos and Aquariums (JAZA).
Facts About The Place
- The aquarium holds 10,941 tons of water.
- It is a walk-through aquarium that puts on display various habitats including 27 tanks in the 16 main exhibits.
- The habitats have been sourced from the Ring of Fire situated in the Pacific Ocean
- The aquarium’s largest tank holds 5,400 cubic meters (190,699 cu ft.) of water and is 9 meters (30 ft.) deep. It also contains a wide array of fish including a whale shark and manta rays
- About 14 tonnes (346 tons) of acrylic glass has been used to make the tanks in the aquarium
The list of exhibits in the place is mentioned as follows:
- Tunnel Tank
- Japanese Forests
- Aleutian Islands
- Monterey Bay
- Panama Bay
- Ecuadorian Jungle
- Tasmanian Sea
- Great Barrier Reef
- The Pacific Ocean
- Seto Inland Sea
- The Giant Kelp Forest
- Chilean Rocks
- Cook Strait
- Japanese Trench
- Deep sea Zone
- Jellyfish Area
Top Things To Do In OsakaView All
Best Travel Packages in OsakaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.