Umeda Sky Building in Osaka is a popular landmark of the country. It is the 18th largest building in Osaka and comprises of two 40 story-towers. The two towers connect at the uppermost story with the help of a bridge and an escalator.
Fun Facts About The Towers
- Umeda Sky Building is 173 m (568 ft) in height
- It was designed by Hiroshi Hara
- The construction was done by Takenaka Corporation and the tower was finished in 1993
- The structure is incorporated with an rooftop observatory known as the The Floating Garden Observatory
- Furthermore, the tower has a underground market that recreates the 20th century Japanese market
- In addition, the towers are surrounded by urban gardens that have walking trails and water features.
The Umeda Sky Building is a modern structure that houses lots of offices some of them include The Consulate-General of Germany, AstraZeneca’s Japanese and Asia-Pacific headquarters, Platinum Games and many more. The place is a site to behold as it incorporates modern architectural vision and is a testament of all the hard work the engineers put into making it. Owing to all these factors, the towers connected midair is a favorite with VIPs all around the world.
Top Things To Do In OsakaView All
Best Travel Packages in OsakaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.