Popularly known by the name of “Pakshi Kashi of Karnataka”, Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary is a major tourist destination in Mandya district of Mysore. It is the largest bird sanctuary in the Indian state of Karnataka and spans a total area of 40 acres. This bird sanctuary is a home to roughly 170 species of avifauna that makes it a delight for the birdwatchers and Ornithologists. This bird sanctuary is a great place for spending a day’s itinerary.
It Is Known For:-
1) Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary is a major tourist attraction in Mandya district. It is known as the largest bird sanctuary that spreads over 40 acres of land.
2) This sanctuary is an amazing place to gather some knowledge about the different types of birds that are found here. It includes the domestic as well as migratory birds.
3) Some often spotted birds include the names of the painted stork, Asian openbill stork, spoonbill, black-headed ibis, heron, pelican etc. are found here in abundance. The pelicans have made this sanctuary as their permanent home.
4) The migratory guests that visit this place include the pink flamingo and Siberian crane. Some birds from Latin America also flock to Ranganathittu Sanctuary during the winter months.
5) Apart from birds, the animals like the mongoose, flying squirrel, Indian fruit bat, otter etc. can be spotted as well
Best Time To Visit:-
Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary is a perfect spot for many to relish a day amid different birds. It can be visited throughout the year, especially during winters as it is the right time when the migratory birds arrive and stay here for 3-4 months.
Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary has a Salim Ali Interpretation Center. It is maintained by the forest-department and plays a 5-7 minute documentary. Interested visitors can visit and watch the documentary.
To reach Mysore city, one can prefer the roadways, railways, or airways because the city has a well-established connection to all three means. Traveling within the city is usually done on foot or by the local transit that is available on a regular interval.
Nearest Railway Station:- Mysore Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Mysore Airport
|Opening Timings||:||9:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Entry Fees||:||Indians: Rs 50, Foreigners: Rs 200|
|Nearest Railway Station||:||Srirangapatna|
|Best Time to Visit||:||June - November|
Top Things To Do In SrirangapatnaView All
Best Travel Packages in SrirangapatnaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.