Today, 02:03 AM
Powered by TourTravelWorld
1. Transport support from Dehradun - starting from pickup on day 1 to drop on day 7 2. guide and cook fees 3. Rent for camping equipment 4. Forest entry charges (Indian nationals only) 5. Porter and mule support to carry camping equipments. Please note that personal luggage will not be carried by mules and porters. 6. All veg meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 7 breakfasts. We provide hot breakfast and hot dinner. On trekking days packed lunch will be provided. 7. Tented accommodation throughout the trek Apr-Jun; Sep-Nov; Possible in other months, subject to weather conditions Medium 64 km Maximum Elevation:3600m Har ki Dun Weather: Restrictions: The nights can be cold. Day temperatures are pleasant during summer None Getting from/To:Sankri is connected by road from Dehradun and is about 7 hours’ drive. Equipment: None for walking HAR KI DUN WITH JAUNDHAR GLACIER NEAR THE HORIZON - AUG 2016 Har ki Dun, which means Valley of Gods, is situated deep inside GovindPashu National park. Rich in flora and fauna, the trails are quite often covered in different shades of orchids and other wild flowers. The area was made popular by the Doon school master Jack Gibson after his Banderpunch expeditions. The path winds up alongside the Tons river from Netwar village through the scenic villages of Gangad and Osla. Har-ki-dun has numerous camping places and one Forest Guest House. An extra rest day is ideal to proceed to get a clearer view of the Jaundhar glacier. Essentials:- Waterproof Rucksack Comfortable Trekking Boots ((Waterproof, high ankle with good grip) One Raincoat/Poncho Windproof Jacket/Wind & waterproof jacket & pant 2-3 T-shirt/Shirt 2 Trouser ( (avoid shorts, fitting denims, capris) Torch/ Head Torch 1No (hand torch would be an alternative) Woolen Gloves/ leather Gloves Thermal Inner-wears Warm Fleece/Alternative: a woollen sweater Woolen Cap Woolen Socks & Regular Socks Water Bottle Towel Camera & Phone if you like (with full/Extra Batteries) Identity Cards Slippers/Sandals: Non-slippery Specific Medication Medicine Personal Toiletries Hand sanitizer Sunscreen cream/ Moisturizer/ Lip Balm Toothbrush and toothpaste Sunglasses (it should be U/V protected.) or use Photo chromatic glasses. FITNESS: Few reasons why you should you need to take care of your fitness: plz maintain your fitness level for a better experience, we suggest daily running/jogging/walk as you need to train yourself for long-distance walking at higher altitudes. As we gain higher altitude in a trek, decreasing level of oxygen we need to build aerobic fitness. Defying gravity and walking for a long duration on a steep slope with a rucksack/day-pack require a moderate level of strength and endurance training. Carrying a backpack, however light, can become a strain after a while. A fitness regime will help you be in good shape before the trek.Transport to reach Dehradun from hometown Personal expenses like tips, medicines, phone calls etc Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above Personal porter support will be chargeable at 250 Rs per bag per day.Weight of 1 bag should not increase 12 kgs. Any meals during the travel journey to Giangad and back to Dehradoon. Rent for trekking shoes is Rs 200 per trekking day. The charges are applicable irrespective if the shoes are worn or not during the trek. Availability of shoes need to be confirmed with us. Rent for walking stick is Rs 50 per trekking day. The charges are applicable irrespective if the stick is used or not. Accommodation in Dehradoon.
Day 1 : Dehradun toSankri ‐ 8h drive
We start early from Dehradun and reach the villageSankriby evening. The final stretch is through the GovindPashu National
Park after we cross a check post at Netwar. We rest at night in a guest house or in camps.
Day 2 : Sankri to Osla (2200m) ‐ 1h drive + 5‐6h trek
Post breakfast we are transported from Sankrito Taluka. The drive is a bit bumpy. The trek commences from Taluka on a stony path. With the river Tons gushing through rapids beside us, under the shade of walnut, pine and other trees, the walk is quite pleasant. Often the passing villagers greet us on the way.
TONS RIVER WITH THE VILLAGE OF GANGAD TOWARDS RIGHT – JUL 2015
The path crosses over a few streams which merge with Tons. After a few hours of walk the village of Gangad can be seen towards the left, across the river. We continue our hike and then cross a bridge for the final stretch. After about fifteen minutesof uphill walk, our destination unfolds itself ‐ the quaint village of Osla. We set camp here or stay in a hut with a local family.
Day 3 : OSLA TO HAR‐KI‐DUN (3510m) – 4‐5 h
From Osla the trail gradually rises higher and passes through bushes of flowers like orchids, fleece flowers and sunflowers. The ascending path climbs high above the confluence of Tons river and the river from Ruinsara valley.
FLEECE FLOWERS ON THE WAY TO HAR KI DUN – AUG 2015
After traversing higher up along the left side of the river, we camp at a very panoramic spot in Har ki Dun, located at the junction of two valleys – one originating from Jaundhar glacier and the other from beyond Hata glacier.
Day 4 : Explore Har ki Dun
Usually we spend a layover day here at Har ki Dun. The vast open meadows following the course of the Tons river can be explored. Further ahead of the meadows one can walk among the forests of Bhojpatra trees (Himalayan birch) or get a closer glimpse of the Jaundhar glacier and Swargarohini peak.
SWARGAROHINI PEAK FROM THE MEADOWS OF HAR KI DUN ‐ NOV 2014
Day 5 : Back to Osla–3‐4h
The journey back to Osla is an easy walk. After reaching, one can roam about in the village, talk to localsand soak in the
Day 6 : Osla to Sankri–4‐5h trek + 1h drive
Early in the morning, we bid farewell to the villagers of Osla and hike till Taluka. A vehicle from Taluka takes us back to Sankri, where we retire for the day in camps or guest house.
Day 7 : Sankri to Dehradun – 8h drive
We leave Sankri and reach Dehradun by late afternoon on this day.
Payment Terms & Methods :
* Some Advance Percentage of total booking amount
* Airfare/Transport fare to be paid full at one time in advance.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
* Upon cancellation, refund will be made after deducting the Retention Amount.
* Retention Amount varies as per the number of days left before your package start date.
Holiday India Journey View Profile
0 / 5
About Holiday India Journey
Holiday India Journey0 /5
You May Also Like
Today, 02:03 AM
Powered by TourTravelWorld