+91-11-45679615

Post Your Requirement
Tour Travel World

Upper Dolpo Trekking Tour

Package Duration
24 Days / 23 Nights
Destination Covered
Kathmandu - Nepalgunj

  • Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu - (1360m)

    Description :

    You will be warmly welcomed at airport by our office representative and then you will transfer to hotel. Our staff will give brief explanation about the program. This day you can stay within the hotel or enjoy night at Thamel, Kingsway especially famous for clubs and bars.

    Day 2 : Sightseeing Around Kathmandu Valley

    Description :

    This day, you will visit many cultural heritages, which includes some of the famous world’s heritages like Pashupatinath, Swyambhunath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bouddhanath stupa and many more. You can do shopping various Nepalese cultural stuffs in this day. And Back to hotel for overnight.

    Day 3 : Flight to Nepalgunj - (150m)

    Description :

    Generally we go via Nepalgunj to get to Dolpo so, firstly we will fly to Nepalgunj and spent food time in Nepalgunj. Nepalgunj is situated in south western part of Nepal a steaming hot city. It is a plain land hesitated by different people from different parts of the country and which in culture and heritages. It includes Bageshowri temple, Nepal’s one of the important Hindu temples.

    Day 4 : Flight to Juphal - 2475m

    Description :

    We will reach Juphal just in 35 minute flight from Nepalgunj with beautiful views of snowcapped mountain. Juphal is a small mountain village, where we can breathe cold and fresh air than that of Nepalgunj. We will stay here because we have to arrange porters and other remaining equipments.

    Day 5 : Trek to Chhepka - (2838m) - 6 hrs Walk

    Description :

    From Juphal, we have to descend through wheat and vegetables field to reach Thuli Bheri River. A big suspension bridge will lead us to the entrance of Shey Phoksando National Park (SPNP), Nepal’s largest National Park with the area of 3,555km/sq. It is comprising the Trans Himalayan ecasy stem and the Tibetan type of floras and faunas. You have to pay 1000NPR, except tourists from SAARC countries. We will follow Suli Khola viewing a part of the Dhaulagiri Range. We have tea while we pass through the village as can stay there. We can enjoy the tea with honey, pure and fresh honey. Then we will trek through the trail surrounded by pine tree line spruce, fir, Juniper and Cyprus and bamboo forest. Really a beautiful time to get close with nature. At the end of the day we will reach Cheep Ka, a small village surrounded by millet and wheat field. Overnight at tented camp, inclusive of full board meal..

  • Other Benefits (On Arrival)
    Description :
    Upper Dolpo Trekking route is a remote area near the Tibetan border. Which was opened for trekking only in the late eighties in Nepal. Until then the area was closed to foreigners. In his book ‘The Snow Leopard’, Peter Mathesons describes his journey through the beautiful land of Dolpo. The Oscar nominated movie ‘Himalaya’ or ‘Caravan’ was also shot in this region. Upper Dolpo Trekking is a region of mystical beauty and its remoteness adds to the sense of adventure among its visitors. Dolpo is located close to the Tibetan border which is why the customs and traditions seen here are quite similar to those of Tibet. Upper Dolpo trekking is one of the restricted trekking region in Nepal. It is required the special permit. The special permit charge is US $ 500 for first ten days & the additional US $ 50 each day after that previous 10 days.

    Upper Dolpo trekking, even though this route is a very beautiful and challenging to trek in the remote region of Nepal, travelers are rarely visited this area. The main highlights of Upper Dolpo trekking is an ancients, beautiful Shey Phoksundo lake, isolated villages. And such like centuries old Buddhist monasteries {which known as Shey Gompa}, wildlife, pristine snowy peaks and a people lifestyle of this region. This is why, each year hundred of pilgrims visit upper dolpa region.In upper dolpo trekking, there is crystal mountain & you have to ascends up to 5360 meters above sea level.

    Upper Dolpo trekking begins with a flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj for 45 minutes and next morning ends at Jhupal. Summer & monsoon season is the best to do upper Dolpo trekking. Because of heavy snow fall in the winter season, so winter season is avoided.
    Package Excludes :
    • Nepal visa which obtained at the airport on arrival {bring 4 copies passport size picture too}
    • International airfare
    • Alcoholic beverages, bottle mineral water, soft drinks and snack foods
    • Travel Insurance
    • Extra porter for the personal day bag pack
    • Riding horse along the trek
    • Extra cost on natural disaster
    • Extra night hotel Nepalgunj due to bad weather and earlier back to Kathmandu
    • Tips to staffs

  • Package Terms & Conditions :
    Reservation / Booking conditions Glorious Himalaya Trekking (P). Ltd is a well known and professional Government Register Trekking Company in Nepal. We are trust worthy and fully committed to give you the best service. In our accordance and missions that all our valuable clients booking with Glorious Himalaya Trekking P. Ltd are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the remaining balances paid to us, including repatriation if required, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency with us. We accept your bookings under the following terms and conditions. While making your trip with us, we need a photocopy of your passport and 25% of the total amount, a non-refundable booking deposit is required for every trip booking per person. The rest of money can be paid up on arrival on our office, full payment is required before departure the trip and for your last minute booking before a week you need to pay full amount of money as an advance. Cancellation Charge A Short or Long Trekking needs a deal of several things to arrange like tented & cooking gear, government formalities and manpower, surface transport and flight booking etc. prior to the arrival of the individual or group tourist, a trekking agency should have be spend some money of this reason in advance payment for the success of the journey in the according to the booking of the party. Just incase like a flight, if a person or group cancel the trip, it will definitely effect to the local agency in terms of cost of purchase, hiring of infrastructure expenses. A cancellation charge of 25% is levied on the total amount if person or group cancels 3 days before of the departure. A cancellation charge of 25% is levied on the total amount if person or group cancels 3 days of the departure. A cancellation charge of 50% is levied on the total amount if a person or group cancels on the same day of the departure. A cancellation charge of 75% is levied from the discontinued journey if a person breaks the programme due to his personal reason. 50% refund is given to the party if he/she/group arrives prior to the given program of the rest day.




Contact Detail

Glorious Himalaya Trekking Pvt. Ltd.

Contact Person :-

Ganesh Gurung

Address :- 17-Nayabazar, Kathmandu, Nepal - 977


Latest Tour Packages by

Glorious Himalaya Trekking Pvt. Ltd.