The Malacañang Palace is the main workplace and official residence of the President of the Philippines. The original structure of the palace was contrived in the year 1750.
The Palace Halls
· Entrance Hall: The Entrance Hall in the palace is used by official visitors.
· Heroes Hall: Before being named Heroes Hall, it was referred as Social Hall. It was used for informal gatherings.
· Grand Staircase: The Grand Staircase is located on the further side of the Malakas and Maganda doors of the Entrance Hall. The staircase is contrived of excellent quality Philippine hardwood.
· Reception Hall: Prior to attending the state functions in the Ceremonial Hall, the visitors gather in the Reception Hall.
· Rizal Ceremonial Hall: Also referred as Ballroom, it is the largest room in the whole palace. The room is used for state dinners, and occasions like oath takings.
· State Dining Room: The various cabinet meetings are conducted in this room. The room was used as the ballroom of the palace before the renovations of 1935-37.
Reports about alleged paranormal activity are often heard about the palace. Some people claim to have seen the deceased valet of President Quezon in the palace.
Top Things To Do In ManilaView All
Best Travel Packages in ManilaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.