Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary, also known as Parambikulam Tiger Reserve, is a famous tourist site in the district of Palakkad, Kerala. This popular wildlife sanctuary sprawls over 285 sq. km. and was established in the year 1973. This sanctuary was merged with Parambikulam Tiger Reserve in the year 2010 and is visited by thousands of visitors, including foreigners, annually.
It Is Known For:-
1) Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary is known for its calm and green surroundings that are a feast for eyes
2) This sanctuary is a home to a rich diversity of the mammalian species. There are 39 species of animals, 16 species of amphibians, 61 species of reptiles, 268 species of birds, 47 species of fishes, and 124 species of butterflies
3) The animals that can be spotted in this wildlife sanctuary include the names like the Indian Gaur, bison, tiger, leopard, boar, langur, macaque, elephant etc.
4) One can also spot the reptiles like the Indian rock python, gecko, lizard, the Western Ghats flying lizard etc.
5) Apart from watching the mammals, one can also experience the thrill of the jungle safari at Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary
Best Time To Visit:-
The best time to pay a visit to Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary is between the months of January-April and September-December. During these months, the weather is favorable for the tourists to capture mammals in their camera. The jungle safaris are also organized during this period.
Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Palakkad district. It is a major tourist attraction and is visited by a large number of tourists. Due to a well-established network of the roadways and railways, it is feasible for the visitors to reach the wildlife sanctuary. Regular buses and taxis are available that ply on the route of Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
Nearest Railway Station- Palakkad Junction
Nearest Airport- Coimbatore Airport
|Nearest Railway Station||:||Pollachi|
|Best Time to Visit||:||October to March|
Top Things To Do In PalakkadView All
Best Travel Packages in PalakkadView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.