Located in the district of Warangal, Sri Veernarayana Temple is an ancient Hindu shrine. It was constructed in the early 11th century and enshrines Sri Veeranarayana, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. According to the local tale, this Hindu temple used to be a Jain temple in the foregone times and was converted into a Hindu temple. It welcomes the people of all faiths and is visited by a large number of devotees.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sri Veeranarayana Temple is known for its architecture. It is built in the Chalukyan style of architecture. It has mesmerizing carvings done on its exterior walls
2) The interior hall of the temple houses many pillars that have distinguished carvings done on them
3) The sanctum of the temple enshrines an enchanting idol of Sri Veeranarayana
4) The temple also has a huge lawn where the idols of Lord Buddha can be seen
5) Sri Veeranarayana Janmotsavam is a major festival that is celebrated here with a great enthusiasm
Best Time To Visit:-
Sri Veeranarayana Temple is a well-known shrine and is visited by the followers of Vaishnavism on a large scale. Each day, countless devotees pay a visit to this shrine. The best time for paying a visit to this shrine is on the occasion of Sri Veeranarayana Janmotsavam. It is the period when the whole temple is flooded by the followers of Sri Veeranarayana.
Sri Veeranarayana Temple is a renowned Hindu shrine in Warangal. Due to its location, it is well-connected via roadways and railways that provide an easy access to it. The local buses and taxis are the preferred modes for reaching the temple conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station- Warangal Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Hyderabad Airport
Top Things To Do In WarangalView All
Best Travel Packages in WarangalView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.