In this travel plan you are exploring Srilanka a beauty of nature formerly known as Ceylon and officially the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia. It lies in the Indian Ocean, southwest of the Bay of Bengal, and southeast of the Arabian Sea; it is separated from the Indian subcontinent by the Gulf of Mannar and the Palk Strait. This trip was called 'Ramayana Tour' as Sri Lanka boasts around 50 Ramayana sites, ranging from Sita's imprisonment to the battlegrounds where Ram defeated Ravana, the ten-headed demon-king. So, all the places are waiting for your visit. Lets see the places which is mythological sites. SUNBIRD team will provide you all the services with hassle free process.
Day 1 : Arrival Colombo - Kandy
Arrival in Sri Lanka. You Will Be Met By Our Representative and Transferred to Kandy. Enroute Visit Muneeshwaram Temple, Chilaw (approximately 90 Minutes Drive) Muneswaram Temple, Chilaw.
* After His Victorious Battle, Lord Rama Left for Ayodhya, in One of King Ravana”s Vimana (carriages).he Felt He Was Being Followed By Bramhaasthi Dosham as He Had Killed King Ravana Who Was a Brahmin. Legend Has It that When He Came to this Place He Felt Bramhaasthi Dosham Was Not Following Him and He Stopped the Vimana and Asked God Shiva for Remedy. Lord Shiva Blessed Lord Rama and Advised Him to Install Four Lingams There and Pray to Get Rid of the Dosham. Since Then Many Hindu Devotees Flock to the Temple. Thereafter Proceed to Mannavari Temple. (approximately 20 Minutes Drive) Manaweri Temple.
* Manavari is the First Lingam Installed and Prayed to By Lord Rama and this Lingam is also Called Ramalinga Shivan. Thereafter Proceed to Kandy, En Route Visit to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. (approximately 5 ½ Hrs Drive)
(Optional) pinnawela Elephant Orphanage - App. 55 Miles from Colombo, Off the Colombo - Kandy Road is Pinnawela, Where An Orphanage Was Started in 1975 to House the Abandoned and the Wounded Elephants. the Number of Elephants Has Increased to More Than 65 Now; Including Baby Elephants Brought from Various Parts, as Well as More Then 25 Babies Born, as a Result of the Captive Breeding Programme. the Best Time to Visit is the Feeding Time from 0930-1000 Hrs and 1330-1400 Hrs and the Bathing Time from 1000-1030 Hrs and 1400-1430 Hrs When all the Elephants are Taken to the River Near By. Check in At the Hotel. Dinner & Overnight Stay At Hotel.
Day 2 : Kandy - Nuwara Eliya
After Breakfast Proceed to Nuwara Eliya,En Route Visit the Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple,Ramboda, Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple, Ramboda (approximately 1 ½ Hrs Drive) On These Hills of Ramboda Where Hanuman Was Searching for Sitadevi, the Chinmaya Mission of Sri Lanka Built a Temple with Hanuman as the Presiding Deity. On Every Full Moon Day Special Pooja”s are Conducted and Witnessed By Thousands of Devotees. There After Proceed to Mani Kattuther At Labukalle Estate. Check in At the Hotel. Evening Visit the Gayathri Pe(e)dam in Nuwara Eliya.
gayathri Pedam : It is Believed to Be the Place from Where King Ravana's Son Meghanath Propitiated Lord Shiva with Penance and Poojas and in Turn Was Granted Super Natural Powers By Lord Shiva. Return to Hotel. Dinner & Overnight Stay At Hotel.
Day 3 : Nuwara Eliya
After Breakfast Commencing a Sight Seeing in Nuwara Eliya.
nuwara Eliya - the ‘little England’ of Sri Lanka, is Set Against Beautiful Backdrops of Mountains, Valleys, Waterfalls and Tea Plantations. It is Supposed to Be One of the Coolest Places in the Island, But It is Really Just like An English Spring Day, Although the Temperature Does Drop At Night. all Around Nuwara Eliya You Will See Evidence of the British Influence, Houses like Country Cottages or Queen Ann Style Mansions.
the Victoria Park, in the Middle of the Town, is a Lovely Place for a Stroll or a Picnic and is also Good for Birding as You Get Some Rare Birds in this Park. Seasons May Be Absent Elsewhere in Sri Lanka, But Here You Can Read Them By the Flowers, Which Bloom in the Spring (march to May) and the Fall (august and September). These are the “seasons” When Low-country Folk Flock to Nuwara Eliya to Escape the Sea Level Heat and Humidity. On Completion Visit the Hakgala Gardens.
the Hakgala Botanical Garden Was One of the Pleasure Gardens of King Ravana of the Well-known Epic Ramayanaya. this Garden Was Expanded During the British Period and Has a Wide Variety of Flowers Including An Excellent Collection of Orchids.
this is the Exotic Pleasure Garden Where King Ravana Kept the Depressed Sita, Insisting that She Marry Him. It Was Here Where the Heart-warming Meeting Took Place Between Her and Hanuman, Who Brought Her Rama’s Ring with the News that Rama Was Looking for Her. He Offered to Carry Her Back But She Refused Saying It Would Be An Insult to Rama’s Honour if He Did So. Part of this Majestic Garden Still Exists. It is also Said that Hanuman Nearly Destroyed It in Order to Prove to Ravana of the Forces Against Him. Return to the Hotel. Dinner & Overnight Stay At Hotel.
Day 4 : Nuwara Eliya - Bandarawela
After Breakfast Proceed to Bandarawela,En Route Visit Seetha Amman Temple, Seetha Eliya. Seetha Amman Temple, Seetha Eliya(approximately 20 Minutes Drive)
the Stream that Runs from the Hill, Catered to the Needs of Sitadevi During Her Stay At Ashoka Vatika. She is Said to have Bathed in this Stream. Now There is a Temple Erected for Lord Rama, Sitadevi, Luxshmana and Hanuman By the Side of this Stream. It is Interesting to Note that Foot Prints Akin to Lord Hamunams are Found By this River -some Small and Some Large. Thereafter Proceed to Divurumpola Situated in Nuwara Eliya Welimada Road.
divurmpola (approximately 1 Hrs Drive) Divurmpola Means a Place Where One Takes An Oath. Sitadevi, After Being Liberated from King Ravana Was Subjected to a Test to Prove Here Chastity By Offering Herself to the Fire. However She Came Unscathed and Proved Her Holiness During this Ritual At this Place. Check in At the Hotel. (approximately 1 & ½ Hrs Drive). Dinner & Overnight Stay At Hotel.
Day 5 : Bandarawela - Colombo
After breakfast at Bandarawela Hotel proceed to Colombo via Ratnapura and Sitawaka, Aviswsawella.( Approx 197 km & 7 hrs drive) Visit a gem mine at Ratnapura. Ratnapura is the fabled city of gems. Its name remains unchanged over the years and means “city of gems”.
In Ratnapura prospecting and mining goes on everyday. Visit a gem mine and a museum and strike a bargain at one of the shops. Sitawaka, situated near Avissawella on a tributary of the Kelani Ganga (river). Not surprisingly it derives its name from Sita, who is supposed to have been imprisoned by Ravana in a grove in this neighborhood. Check in at the hotel. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel.
Day 6 : Departure Colombo
After breakfast proceed to Panchamuga Anjaneyar Temple. Panchamuga Anjaneyar Temple.
* A temple dedicated to Anjaneyar in Sri Lanka.
* This is the only temple in the world to have a chariot of Anjaneyar. Thereafter commence a tour of Colombo, which includes time to do the shopping.
* Colombo - A drive through the city taking you to the busy commercial areas as well as the tree-lined residential, Cinnamon Gardens. Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street - the Goldsmith's quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, where there is a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings, and the Dutch Church of Wolfendhal dating back to 1749. The historic Dawatagaha Mosque and the former Eye Hospital are two buildings in Cinnamon Gardens worth looking at. Also visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha and the Independence Square. Thereafter transfer to the airport for the departure flight. (Approximately 1 Hrs Drive)
|No of pax||Age Limit||Price per pax (Rs)|
|Adult||Above 08 years||INR 35500 / Adult|
* Mentioned prices may vary depending upon date of travel, hotel availability, surge pricing and seasonal rush.
|City||Hotel Name||Star Rating|
Payment Terms & Methods :
* 50% Advance Percentage of total booking amount
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
* Upon cancellation, refund will be made after deducting the Retention Amount.
* Retention Amount varies as per the number of days left before your package start date.
* Refund will be made within 15 working days from the date of receipt of the cancellation.
Sunbird Travel and Hospitality Services LLP View Profile
4 / 5
About Sunbird Travel and Hospitality Services LLP
RAMESH CH. MAHATO -
Reviewed: Nov 02, 2019
All Hotels was excellent. Agency coordination was also good. My complaint on the driver only, name Rajesh Sikhawat was not good person, his talking way was not well always doing unnecessary arguments. Mr Santanu from SUNBIRD always trying to control his way but he didn't listen to anyone. Otherwise SUNBIRD services was good.
DAKSH THAKAR - Gujrat
Reviewed: Sep 12, 2019
Overall it was good except the hotel in "ARAKU" Other hotel available at the rate cheaper then what you fixed Go & compare Hotel quality & rates of hotel " THIS IS TO HELP YOUR BUSINESS" Otherwise everything was good.
G S KISHORE - Bangalore
Reviewed: Jul 08, 2019
Complete my 10 days Uttarakhand trip, traveled 2nd time with Sunbird. Service was best as per earlier.
Rs. 35,500 PP
Sunbird Travel and Hospitality Services LLP4 /5
You May Also Like