Mawmluh Cave is a must-see tourist attraction in Meghalaya. It is located in Cherrapunjee district and is known as the fourth longest cave in the Indian subcontinent. It has an entire length of 7 kilometers and attracts the visitors extensively. This cave has its own climate inside it that makes it among the unique caves in India.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mawmluh Cave is known for the stalagmite formations and other rock formations that are found inside.
2) This cave is a seven-kilometer-long cave and has a narrow stream that flows within the cave.
3) Calling this cave as nature’s marvel is not wrong because only 1/4th of the cave receives the sunlight. Rest of the cave remains shrouded in the darkness and has its own climate.
4) The scientists and other explorers recorded a cold temperature inside this cave. This cold temperature remains constant throughout the year.
5) It also serves as a habitat for the bats, however, they are found in a less number.
Best Time To Visit:-
Mawmluh Cave is a breathtaking travel attraction that never fails to catch the attention of visitors. Being a famous site, it welcomes the visitors throughout the year. Due to its geographical formation, the atmosphere inside the cave can make an individual feel dizzy and thus, it is recommended that people suffering from acute respiratory disorders should avoid visiting Mawmluh Cave deeply. Though, this problem doesn’t occur with everyone.
Mawmluh Cave is well-connected via roadways and railheads. This makes it convenient for visitors to reach this place easily as local buses and taxis are available in plenty.
Nearest Railway Station:- Guwahati Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Guwahati Airport
Top Things To Do In CherrapunjiView All
Best Travel Packages in CherrapunjiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.