Lady Hydari Park is a beautiful tourist spot in the district of Assam in Meghalaya. It was built in the memory of Assam’s first Governor-general, Lady Hyadri. This park sprawls over one square kilometer and has a beautiful and well-trimmed carpet of the grass. This recreational site is managed by the forest authorities of Meghalaya.
It Is Known For:-
1) Lady Hyadri Park is known for its visual appeal. The lush green surroundings of this park are not less than a feast for the eyes.
2) It has a mini zoo in its vicinity that provides shelter to the animals and birds like the chinkara, jackal, bear, porcupine, peacock, parakeet, owl, mynah etc.
3) Due to such beauty of the park, it has emerged as a favorite recreational site for the locals and tourists alike.
4) This park also has a separate section for kids. It is equipped with different swings.
5) People often visit this park for a morning walk and exercising etc.
Best Time To Visit:-
There is no specific season for visiting Lady Hyadri Park. It can be visited during any time of the year. Its gates are opened at 10 am in the morning and get closed at 5 pm in the evening on a daily basis. October-March is regarded as the right season for touring the park and observing the animals in the zoo.
Lady Hydari Park has a well-established network of the roadways and railways. This allows an easy and smooth access to all visitors. It can be reached by hiring the service of the local buses or taxis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Guwahati Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Shillong Airport
Top Things To Do In ShillongView All
Best Travel Packages in ShillongView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.