Garo Hills is a famous hill range in Meghalaya. It is one among the well-known tourist attractions in the state that are visited by the tourists on a large scale. These hills form a major part of the Garo-Khasi Hills in Meghalaya and are not less than a haven for nature enthusiasts.
They Are Known For:-
1) Garo Hills is like a painting of the Mother Nature on a canvas. The entire landscape with lush green vegetation is truly a feast for the eyes.
2) These hills are the habitat for the Garo tribals.
3) Apart from the tribal people, these hills serve as a residence to a variety of animals and birds as well. The animals like the deer, rabbit, monkey etc. and the birds like the kingfisher, hummingbird, hawk, white pigeon etc.
4) These hills are seen as a perfect spot for many trekkers as well. The trek lovers from different places visit Garo Hills and experience the thrill of trekking.
5) People can also enjoy camping in these hills. Spending a night under the starry sky is an experience in itself.
Best Time To Visit:-
Garo Hills is a well-known attraction in Meghalaya and draw millions of domestic as well as international tourists. These hills can be visited throughout the year, excluding the monsoons. During monsoons, the weather conditions aren’t favorable for any activity.
Garo Hills are a major tourist attraction and are visited on a large scale. This hill range is well-connected via roadways. The local jeeps ply to the nearest village in plenty and from there, a short trek can be relished.
Nearest Railway Station:- Shillong Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Guwahati Airport
Top Things To Do In TuraView All
Best Travel Packages in TuraView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.