Siju Caves, popularly known as Bat Caves, is a remarkable tourist site in Tura, Meghalaya. It is an amazing travel attraction that catches the attention of the people immediately. It is the longest cave in the Indian subcontinent and contains the formations of the stalagmites. A major portion of this cave still remains unexplored by the human race.
It Is Known For:-
1) Siju Caves is a residence for the flying fox or the bat. It is said that countless bats reside in these caves.
2) It is also tagged as the longest cave in the Indian subcontinent and contains the stalagmite formations.
3) These caves are an amazing site to be explored because only 1/4th of the cave receives the sunlight during the day. The rest of the cave remains dark and cold throughout the year.
4) The visitors are expected to wear the woolens to protect themselves from the cold atmosphere inside.
5) Interestingly, the temperatures drop down below zero degrees in these caves during winters in Meghalaya.
Best Time To Visit:-
Siju Caves is a prominent tourist attraction in Meghalaya. It attracts the visitors on an extensive scale across the year. Therefore, it is a place that can be visited throughout the year without any hassle. Exploring the unexplored part of these caves is an experience in itself.
Siju Caves are well-connected via all major roads in Tura district. The service of the local transit like the bus and shuttles is available frequently for commuting to & from this place.
Nearest Railway Station:- Shillong Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Guwahati Airport
Top Things To Do In TuraView All
Best Travel Packages in TuraView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.