The ancient caves of Chandrapur are a must-see tourist site. This tourist attraction is located in a quaint location away from Chandrapur. It is a set of 9 interconnected Buddhist caves that was designed in the 8th century. The purpose of the construction of these caves was to provide a place to the monks for meditation. Presently, this place is one among the frequented tourist sites in Chandrapur.
It Is Known For:-
1) The ancient caves of Chandrapur were carved out of the mountain for providing a shelter to the monks for meditation.
2) As per the researchers, these caves were also utilized by the Hindu sages to perform penance in order to please the God. Certain symbols have been discovered that indicate towards the utilization of caves by the Hindu sages as well.
3) An idol of Buddha is also installed in the main cave and is worshiped by the monks that reside in the huts located nearby.
4) Apart from the history of the history, this site is also renowned for its calm and tantalizing surroundings.
5) The green vegetation on the mountain makes this place appear even pleasing.
Best Time To Visit:-
The ancient caves of Chandrapur attract countless visitors from different cities of Maharashtra. It can be visited during any season of the year, excluding summers. It is the season that doesn’t allow visiting this place due to extreme temperatures. Thus, visitors should visit this place during any season other than summers.
It is easy to reach the site of these ancient caves of Chandrapur. The wide network of the roads and frequent availability of the local transit has made it easier for all to reach this place without hassle.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chandrapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Nagpur Airport
Top Things To Do In ChandrapurView All
Best Travel Packages in ChandrapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.