Tadoba Andhari Tiger Project aka Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is a reserved forest in the district of Chandrapur, Maharashtra. This vast region is dedicated to the conservation of the ‘National Animal of India’. TATR is Maharashtra’s largest and oldest tiger reserve and is listed one among the 50 Project Tiger reserves all over India. It is frequented by the nature-lovers and tourists alike as it is the apt place for spotting the Indian tigers in wild.
It Is Known For:-
1) TATR is a tiger reserve enlisted among the 50 tiger reserves in India. It supports sizable population of tigers in the state.
2) It was established as a hunting ground but was transformed into a wildlife sanctuary. It bears the name of a local God Taru who is worshiped by the tribal people of the region.
3) According to a tale, Taru was a valiant chieftain who was martyred while battling a ferocious tiger with bare hands. A small shrine, dedicated to him, was constructed under a Banyan tree in the woods and is frequented by the forest dwellers.
4) It covers a mass area of 1727 sq. km that makes it the largest tiger reserve in Maharashtra.
5) Apart from tigers, visitors can also witness a variety of birds in the vicinity of this reserve.
Best Time To Visit:-
TATR is a place that is visited by the people extensively. Although it welcomes the visitors throughout the year, the best season to make the visit rewarding is during November-March. It is the apt time as the weather is appropriate for visiting the reserve and seeing the tigers with their cubs.
With a well-established connectivity of the roadways and railways, one can reach TATR conveniently by hiring the service of the local buses and taxis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chandrapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Airport
Top Things To Do In ChandrapurView All
Best Travel Packages in ChandrapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.