Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve doesn’t require a formal introduction. It is one of the key tourists’ attractions located in the state of J&K. Blest with the beauty of nature in abundance and beckoned by the mighty Himalayan peaks, this biosphere reserve is an amazing spot for spending a good quality time with family and friends. One will not get disappointed by visiting Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve.
It Is Known For:-
1) Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve is a forested region in Kashmir. It provides shelter to a variety of fauna.
2) The fauna residing in this biosphere reserve includes the Kashmiri stag, spotted deer, black bear, brown bear, fox, snow leopard, and much more.
3) Puma has also been sighted in biosphere reserve.
4) The avifauna like the griffon vulture, blood pheasant etc. are often spotted here.
5) The whole reserve is surrounded by the lush green surroundings that have a mind-boggling backdrop of the Himalayas.
6) During winters, these surroundings are adorned with the white blanket of snow.
Best Time To Visit:-
Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve is a place that catches the attention of visitors on a huge scale. This tourist attraction is frequently visited, especially between March-August. This period is great to witness the mountainous splendor and the wild animals closely.
Don’t forget to be a part of the wildlife safari. It is the best option to explore the beguiling biosphere reserve and capture the photos of the wild creatures.
Pulwama is the nearest town to Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve. It can be reached easily via state-run buses, express trains, and flights. Commuting within the town can be done by the local shuttles, buses, and carts that are available on a regular basis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Avantipura Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Srinagar Airport
Top Things To Do In GulmargView All
Best Travel Packages in GulmargView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.