Jijamata Palace is a semi-ruined historical monument in the Indian state of Maharashtra. This monument was the palace of Shivaji’s mother, Rani Jijabai. She was a brave lady and raised a lion-hearted king whose valor and glories are sung till date. Jijamata Palace is an amazing building despite being in a semi-ruined condition.
It Is Known For:-
1) Jijamata Palace is the residence of Shivaji’s mother, Rani Jijabai.
2) Though it stands in a ruined state but in the previous times, it was a strategically built fort with sufficient underground space for the army to hide the ammo and attack the enemies.
3) The spacious room of Rani Jijabai houses her Samadhi.
4) After the death of the queen, this palace came under the siege of the British powers and served as the authority seat for the British for a prolonged period of time.
5) It was devastated by a battle between the Indian royals and British powers but interestingly, the cenotaph of the queen remained untouched.
6) Presently, it is an open space and is used for spending leisure hours.
Best Time To Visit:-
The walls of Jijamata Palace hold the tales of the glories, horror, and transfer of powers. Numerous locals and tourists visit this place on a huge scale across the year to pay respects to Rani Jijabai.
Jijamata Palace is well-connected via highways and major roads in Maharashtra. It can be reached easily by hiring the service of the local transit like the bus and the cab.
Nearest Railway Station:- Veer Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport
Top Things To Do In RaigadView All
Best Travel Packages in RaigadView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.