Ratnadurg Fort is a prominent tourist attraction and a historical monument in Ratnagiri. Surrounded by the Arabian Sea on all the three sides and resembling the shape of a horseshoe, it is a must-see place in Ratnagiri. It was erected during the rule of the Bahamanee clan but was later snatched by the Muslim invader, Adilshah. Soon, he was defeated by Chhatrapati Shivaji. Today, Ratnadurg Fort stands as a major tourist site in Ratnagiri.
It Is Known For:-
1) Ratnadurg Fort is located in the pleasing lush green surroundings.
2) Due to its location near the sea, it catches the attention of the visitors immediately.
3) Its structure is the amalgam of the Hindu-Islamic style of architecture.
4) The interiors of this fort are untouched and are built in the Hindu style of architecture. On both sides of the entrance gate, visitors can see the idols of Lord Hanuman and Lord Ganesha.
5) Their small temples are also constructed in their sides respectively.
6) Visiting this site during monsoons is an experience that is indescribable.
Best Time To Visit:-
Ratnadurg Fort is a huge crowd puller and the credits are equally shared by its compelling history and a tantalizing location. Thus, this place catches the attention of the people throughout the year and can be visited during any season except summers.
A visit to this place during monsoons is a must because visitors can see the real beauty of the fort.
Ratnadurg Fort is well-connected via roads that connect it with the rest of Maharashtra. To reach this place, tourists can hire the service of the local bus, travel coach, or taxi for a smoother commute.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ratnagiri Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Ratnagiri Airport
Top Things To Do In RatnagiriView All
Best Travel Packages in RatnagiriView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.