Shri Devi Bhagwati Mandir is a sacred pilgrimage site for the followers of Hinduism in Maharashtra. It is known as the ‘Pride of Ratnagiri’ as Goddess Bhagwati is worshiped as the guardian deity of the local region. She is the manifestation of Goddess Durga and is said to protect the locals when they make offering to her.
It Is Known For:-
1) Shri Devi Bhagwati Temple is known for its tantalizing architecture that reflects the Hindu style of architecture.
2) The sanctum of the shrine houses an appealing idol of the Goddess clad in embellished attire.
3) Since it is a prominent tourist attraction, it is visited by the devotees on a huge scale.
4) It has scenic surroundings like the gardens where devotees can be spotted meditating. Moreover, the Arabian Sea is located nearby that adds more charm to the beauty of this holy Hindu shrine.
5) Navratri is a renowned festival that is celebrated here with a great zest. People participate in the celebrations whole-heartedly.
Best Time To Visit:-
Shri Devi Bhagwati Temple is a famous temple is the district of Ratnagiri. Each day, numerous devotees visit this temple and make offerings to the deity. Though it can be visited throughout the year, the best time to mark the presence here is during Navaratri. It is the appropriate time to witness the real colors of Shri Devi Bhagwati Temple.
The entrance to this temple is free but photography is strictly prohibited inside the sanctum.
Shri Devi Bhagwati Temple lies in a bustling area of Ratnagiri. It is well-connected via roadways and railways and such connectivity allows a smooth access to the temple. Anyone can reach the temple by hiring the service of the local buses, autos, and taxis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ratnagiri Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Ratnagiri Airport
Top Things To Do In RatnagiriView All
Best Travel Packages in RatnagiriView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.