Located in the Konkan region of Ratnagiri, Tilak Ali Museum is a famous historical monument. It is the ancestral house of the ace freedom fighter and a scholar, Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak. It is the building where Lokmanya Tilak was born and grew up. His ancestral home, at present, has been transformed into a museum in order to keep his memories alive forever.
It Is Known For:-
1) Tilak Ali Museum is the home-cum-museum that belongs to the freedom fighter and scholar, Lt. Lokmanya Tilak.
2) This building is standing in the same architecture since its construction. It was renovated when it was required.
3) It is surrounded by the towering palm trees that compliment the beauty of this place.
4) This museum houses the personal belongings of Lokmanya Tilak that include his clothes, cap, footwear, walking stick, glasses, hand-written documents, and some rare photographs.
5) On a daily basis, Tilak Ali Museum is visited by the visitors on a huge scale.
Best Time To Visit:-
Tilak Ali Museum is an ancient monument in Konkani region of Ratnagiri. Having the status of an ancient monument, it has a great significance in the area as it was the place where Lokmanya Tilak was born and raised. This museum welcomes the visitors throughout the year.
No fee is charged from the visitors in any manner. However, visitors are free to donate some amount of money to the charity.
With a wider network of the roadways and railways, reaching Tilak Ali Museum isn’t a tough job. One can hire the service of the local transit and reach the place conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ratnagiri Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Ratnagiri Airport
Top Things To Do In RatnagiriView All
Best Travel Packages in RatnagiriView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.