Church of Scotland is a name that is popular among the tourists that visit to Chamba in Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the primeval tourist attractions in the whole Himachal Pradesh. Its construction began in the year 1885 and ended in 1905. It stands tall in the main market of Chamba and was built for the Christian community in Chamba. It was architected in the presence of Dr. M’Clymont, a Scottish monk.
It Is Known For:-
1) Church of Scotland is a historical church in Chamba and is more than 120 years old
2) It is located in a bustling market of Chamba and has a beautiful backdrop of the Himalayan ranges
3) It is constructed in the amalgamation of the Indo-Scottish style of architecture and was built in the presence of a Scottish monk known by the name of Dr. M’Clymont
4) It is known for its architecture. It has arched windows and is decorated with the frescoes from indoors
5) The frescoes depict the psalms from the holy bible
Best Time To Visit:-
Church of Scotland is an amazing travel destination in Chamba and never fails to draw the attention of the tourists. It can be visited daily in every season of the year. Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, The Feast of Our Lady are the major festivals that are celebrated here and thus, you can mark your presence during any of the above-mentioned festivals.
You need to watch out for a specific situation. Due to the location of the church on a higher elevation, it is recommended that visitors shouldn’t visit the site during a heavy downpour as the roads become slippery and might invite mishaps.
Chamba is well-connected to all major highways, railheads, and airways. The interstate buses, express trains, and flights are available on a regular basis from different corners of the state. Traveling within the city can be done by hiring the local transit that is available on a frequent basis.
Nearest Railway Station - Pathankot Railway Station
Nearest Airport - Pathankot Airport
Top Things To Do In ChambaView All
Best Travel Packages in ChambaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.