Gond Raja Fort is a renowned historical monument located in the district of Chandrapur in Maharashtra. It is a remarkable example of the ancient Gond architecture in Maharashtra. The construction of this fort dates back to the late 15th-century and the early 16th-century and was built by the Gond rulers. Its construction began under the reign of Babji Ballal Sah and was continued by his son, Dhundya Ram Sah after the demise of Babji. It was built with the sole purpose of preventing the foreign forces from entering into their territory.
It Is Known For:-
1) Gond Raja Fort is a scintillating example of the Gond style of architecture.
2) It has four major gates that are known by the name of Anchaleshwar, Bimba, Jatpura, and Pathanpura. These gates are not less than a tourist attraction in themselves.
3) Some ancient idols of the Hindu Gods were also discovered during the archaeological excavations.
4) The nearby woods of Gond Raja Fort are a home to a large number of wild animals. One can spot the majestic tigers in profusion along with the other animals like the Chital, Sambhar deer, and barking deer.
5) Gond Raja Fort, at present, has emerged as a famous site for conducting photo shoots. People, especially wedding couples, can be spotted getting clicked.
Best Time To Visit:-
Gond Raja Fort is a marvelous historical monument and draws a huge number of visitors throughout the year. Any season of the year is considered as apt for visiting this place and spending a good quality time at this site and places nearby.
With a well-established network of the roadways and railways, one can reach Gond Raja Fort conveniently. The local transit also plies on its route in plenty.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chandrapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Nagpur Airport
Top Things To Do In ChandrapurView All
Best Travel Packages in ChandrapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.