Mahakali Temple is a famous and sacred Hindu shrine in the city of Chandrapur in Maharashtra. This temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali, a ferocious form of Goddess Parvati. This shrine is located in the premises of Anchaleshwar Shiva Temple. According to the legend, the idol of the goddess installed in the sanctum was discovered near the River Zarapat and brought to Queen Hirawati. A small temple on her orders was constructed where the idol of Mahakali was installed. Presently, it is frequently visited by the devotees.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mahakali Temple is an ancient shrine in Chandrapur.
2) It houses two idols of the goddess in the sanctum. One idol displays the fierce form of the goddess, whereas, the second form depicts a calm mood. The second idol is placed in a reclining position and the goddess is sleeping.
3) It also houses a beautiful painting of the goddess that is said to be over 300 years old but still appears to be a fresh painting.
4) At the rear entrance of the shrine, one can see the small temples of Lord Ganesha and Lord Hanuman as well.
5) An annual fair is held in the month of April and is attended by numerous devotees.
6) Navratri is a prominent festival that is celebrated here with a great pomp.
Best Time To Visit:-
Each day of the year is regarded best for visiting the holy shrine of Mahakali. Throughout the year, countless devotees flock to the shrine and offer their prayers.
No entry fee is charged from the visitors, however, photography is strictly prohibited inside the shrine.
Due to a well-established network of roadways and railways, Mahakali Temple can be easily reached by hiring the service of the local transit.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chandrapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Nagpur Airport
Top Things To Do In ChandrapurView All
Best Travel Packages in ChandrapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.