Gopalpur Zoo is an amazing travel destination in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated in the alluring Kangra Valley and is a perfect attraction for all visitors. The zoo is a home to a variety of animals, birds, and reptiles where some of them can only be found in the Himalayan region. The zoo is surrounded by the Dhauladhar Ranges and is a must-see destination in Kangra.
It Is Known For:-
1) Gopalpur Zoo is one of the zoos in India that are located at a higher altitude.
2) It is known for its fascinating surroundings of the maple, pine, and deodar trees. The whole zoo is beckoned by the snow-clad mountains.
3) The zoo is a home to the various mammalian species like the lion, leopard, panther, snow leopard, civet cat, brown bear etc.
4) The birds like the eagle, vulture, snowy owl (rare sighting), hawk etc. can be spotted here as well.
5) The reptiles like the viper, rock python, and cobra are also found in Gopalpur Zoo.
Best Time To Visit:-
Gopalpur Zoo is a remarkable tourist destination in the valley of Kangra. Its natural pulchritude and serene ambiance draw countless visitors throughout the year. Even during bone-chilling winters, many visitors can be spotted here. Thus, it is a place that can be visited during any time of the year.
And you aren’t allowed to go closer to the wild creatures to avoid a jeopardizing situation. If you see any kind of signboards inside the zoo premises then abide by the message. All visitants should be careful and shouldn’t feed the animals.
Kangra is well-connected via all three modes of transportation. One can reach the place by the local trains, state-run buses, and flights from different parts of Himachal Pradesh. Commuting within the state can be done via local transit.
Nearest Railway Station:- Kangra Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Pathankot Airport
Top Things To Do In KangraView All
Best Travel Packages in KangraView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.