Labrang Palden Phuntsok Monastery, also known as Tumlong Monastery, is a famous Buddhist shrine in Ravangla, Sikkim. It is enlisted amid the Buddhist monasteries situated at a higher altitude in India. It stands on a hillock at a height of 7000 feet above the sea level. The followers of Buddhism visit this monastery throughout the year on a large scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Since Tumlong Monastery is located in a mountainous region, it is blessed with the enchanting surroundings. It provides a panoramic view of the village of Tumlong
2) This monastery was built in the early 18th century by Gyaltsey Rigzin Champo, a well-known figurine in Buddhism
3) It houses the eye-catchy idols of Sakya Muni Buddha, Karma Guru, Mahakala, and some Hindu demigods like Hanuman and Nandi as well
4) The special annual prayer called the ‘Masked Dance’ is held in the tenth month of the lunar calendar. It is attended by umpteen devotees
5) Many devotees have got their wishes fulfilled after praying at Tumlong Monastery
Best Time To Visit:-
Tumlong Monastery is visited by the Buddhist monks and devotees throughout the year. Even the tourists do not miss a chance to take a short tour of this monastery and its nearby region due to its beauty.
To reach Tumlong Monastery, one can avail the services of the local taxis and autos. One has to de-board the auto/taxi at Tumlong Village and has to relish a short trek till the sacred shrine.
Nearest Railway Station- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Bagdogra Airport
Top Things To Do In RavanglaView All
Best Travel Packages in RavanglaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.