Love ancient and traditional artwork? Want to know more about them? You should visit Sri Chitra Art Gallery. Sri Chitra Art Gallery is a glinting name in the list of travel attractions in Trivandrum. It is a well-known art gallery that came into existence in the year 1935. Being a renowned place, it is frequented by the art lovers and visitors on a large scale, especially when exhibitions are organized.
It Is Known For:-
1) Housing the artworks of laudable artists like Raja Ravi Varma, Rabindranath Tagore, Jamini Roy, V.S Valiathan, KCS Paniker, Nicholas Roerich etc.
2) Housing 43 original artworks of Raja Ravi Varma and 15 original artworks of Nicholas Roerich
3) 400-year-old Tanjore miniature paintings
4) The oriental collection of the Chinese, Japanese, Balinese, and Tibetan paintings
5) 1100 paintings all over the premises of the gallery
Best Time To Visit:-
You do not have to decide a specific time to pay a visit to Sri Chitra Art Gallery. If you are an art aficionado then 365 days of the year are suitable for you to visit the art gallery. If you are able to visit during the exhibition, you may get to see some of the finest masterpieces in Sri Chitra Art Gallery.
Sri Chitra Art Gallery is located in the capital city Trivandrum. Being the capital city, it has a well-established network of all transportations that allows an easy access to Sri Chitra Art Gallery.
Nearest Railway Station- Trivandrum Central
Nearest Airport- Trivandrum International Airport
Top Things To Do In TrivandrumView All
Best Travel Packages in TrivandrumView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.