Japan’s love for bath houses is perfectly observed in Funaoka Onsen in Kyoto. It is one of the most iconic bath houses in the state. Over the years, the bath house has catered to various weary souls by offering them solace and relaxation. The place has been the same since inception and retains its old world charm. Funaoka Onsen is one of the bathhouse in Kyoto that is a reminder of the bathing experience 100 years ago. You can almost feel time has stood still.
Funaoka Onsen is loved by tourists, as the service is beyond compare. The place is fitted with the following that make taking a bath in this place heavenly:
- Cypress wood bathtub in the gardens
The ornate water fountain in the cold-water bath
- Decorated ceiling of the changing room
- A large sauna
- Water jets
- An electric bath, it was the first to be installed in any bath house in Japan
- A huge hot bath
- Along the edges of the ceiling in the dressing room there are carved wooden panels
- Funaoka Onsen is great for reminiscence of the ancient Japan. The place satisfied many and emerged as a popular destination that people visit time and again.
Top Things To Do In KyotoView All
Best Travel Packages in KyotoView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.