Tripura Government Museum, or Tripura State Museum, is a museum in Agartala. It is located inside the wonderfully constructed complex of Ujjayanta Palace. Previously, it stood as a single building in the year 1970 but was shifted in the complex of the palace soon. This made Tripura Government Museum as the largest museum of the Northeast India. It was again formally inaugurated in the year 2013 by Hamid Ansari, ex-vice president of India. Presently, this museum is one of the frequented places in Agartala.
It Is Known For:-
1) Due to its location inside the palace, the whole structure of the museum was rebuild accordingly to reflect the lavishness
2) The museum showcases the archaeological discoveries like the sculptures, coins, paintings, weaponry etc.
3) A majority of the discoveries from Pilak describe the sculptures from Hinduism and Buddhism
4) The ancient ornaments are also displayed in the galleries of the museum. The present day market price of these precious ornaments is estimated in millions of dollars
5) A library is also located in a smaller section
Best Time To Visit:-
Tripura State Museum is a remarkable tourist site. Since this place is now located in Ujjayanta Palace, it is visited by tourists on a vast scale. The ones with the special taste of history are usually seen inside this museum. It welcomes the guests throughout the year but remains closed on all national holidays and festivals.
Tripura State Museum has a well-established web of the major roads that connect it with the rest of the city. The local transit like the buses and taxis ply on its route in plenty.
Nearest Railway Station- Agartala Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Agartala Airport
Top Things To Do In AgartalaView All
Best Travel Packages in AgartalaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.