Shah Jahan's Mosque or Shahjahani Masjid is an important monument in the city of Ajmer. It was built by the Mughal ruler Shah Jahan. This mosque is an architectural masterpiece and no other mosque stands next to it in terms of its beautiful carvings. People from foreign lands visit Ajmer to witness this astounding and ancient monument.
It Is Known For:-
1) Shahjahani Mosque is known for its Mughal style of architecture. It is the only mosque in Ajmer that stands next to beautiful palaces in terms of beauty
2) The whole structure is built out of the white marble, including the flooring and the different sculptures that are installed inside it
3) Its ceiling and interior walls carry the serpentine carvings. These carvings are the 99 names of Allah and some verses from the Holy Quran
4) A separate wall panel is dedicated to Ajmer Sharif. It is a wall panel that carries the verses in praise of the Sufi saint in the Persian language
5) Till date, this ancient mosque is utilized for offering the Friday prayers and celebrating the festival of Eid.
Best Time To Visit:-
Shahjahani Masjid is an architectural masterpiece that never fails to draw visitors. It is visited by the tourists and the people of all faiths on a huge scale throughout the year. The best time for witnessing the beauty of this mosque is on the occasion of Eid. Hundreds of Muslims gather for offering the prayers, greet each other, and distribute alms among the underprivileged.
Nearest Railway Station- Ajmer Junction
Nearest Airport- Sanganer Airport
Top Things To Do In AjmerView All
Best Travel Packages in AjmerView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.