Also known by the name of Kanpur Chidiya Ghar and Kanpur Prani Udyan, Allen Forest Zoo is a bewitching place in Kanpur. This zoo spans an area of 190 acres of land blessed with green vegetation in abundance. Allen Forest Zoo is counted among the zoos that are created in the forests. Each day, numerous tourists arrive here and pay a visit to this zoo and witness various animals.
It Is Known For:-
1) During the Colonial period in India, this forest was known as the 'Manchester of Asia'. It was developed by a well-known British Botanist, George Burney Allen
2) The first-ever mammal that was brought to Allen Forest Zoo was an otter that was caught by a fisherman from Chambal River
3) This zoo is a residence for a variety of mammals like the tiger, rhinoceros, cheetah, deer, elephant, hyena, jaguar, wolf etc. It also provides shelter to the birds like the hawk, eagle, mynah, crane, parakeet, cockatoo, and others
4) There is a separate building located inside the zoo. It is dedicated to the nocturnal animals
5) A veterinary hospital is also located within the premises of the zoo in order to look after the animals that are unwell
Best Time To Visit:-
Allen Forest Zoo is a major tourist attraction in Kanpur and is visited on a large scale by the tourists. It remains open for all in every season and thus, it can be visited throughout the year. One should also remember that Allen Forest Zoo is closed on every Monday of the month.
Being a prominent tourist attraction, it has a vast network of the roadways and railways. One can reach the place by hiring the service of the local bus or taxi.
Nearest Railway Station- Kanpur Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Kanpur Airport
Top Things To Do In KanpurView All
Best Travel Packages in KanpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.