Shiv Puri Dham is a renowned Hindu pilgrimage site located in the district of Kota. It is a shrine dedicated to Lord Mahadeva. Shiv Puri Dham is said to be the only temple of Lord Shiva where people can find 525 Shivalingas. It is an amazing site that is visited by the people on a daily basis.
It Is Known For:-
1) Shiv Puri Dham is the sole temple of Lord Shiva with 525 Shivalingas
2) It also houses a huge Shivalinga. It is entirely carved out of black stone and has a height of 15 feet
3) According to legends, devotees get their wishes and desires fulfilled after performing a panchamrit abhishekam of the Shivalinga
4) Janmashtami, Navaratri, and Diwali are the certain festivals that are celebrated here with a great enthusiasm. The entire temple is decorated beautifully with flowers and lights
5) Maha Shivaratri is a major festival that is celebrated with a great pomp. Throughout the day, special prayers and aartis are conducted and hundreds of devotees visit this shrine to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva.
Best Time To Visit:-
Shiv Puri Dham is a famous temple that welcomes the devotees of all faiths each day. Mondays are the special days as people visit the temple for performing the panchamrit abhishekam. Although it can be visited throughout the year, the best time for visiting this temple is on the occasion of Maha Shivaratri. The divine aura of the temple is simply amazing on Maha Shivaratri.
There lays no hassle in reaching Shiv Puri Dham. It has a well-established connection of the major roads that connect it with the rest of the city. By hiring the service of the local transit, anyone can reach this sacred site easily.
Nearest Railway Station- Kota Junction
Nearest Airport- Kota Airport
Top Things To Do In KotaView All
Best Travel Packages in KotaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.