Raghunath Mandir needs no introduction. It is an amazing Hindu Temple in Himachal Pradesh. It perches in a busy area of Kullu and enshrines Lord Rama. It was constructed in the 17th century by the King Jagat Singh. It is located at a humongous height of 6,725 feet above the sea level and offers a scenic view of the entire nearby valley. It is visited on a huge scale by the locals and tourists alike.
It Is Known For:-
1) Raghunath Mandir is an ancient temple of Lord Rama in Kullu Valley. It was built in the seventeenth century by the then king of the region, Raja Jagat Singh
2) This temple is built in the traditional Himachali style of architecture and is adorned with motifs and meticulous carvings on the exterior and interior walls
3) The main prayer altar houses the charming idol of Lord Rama carrying the bow & arrow. He is worshiped as the warrior guardian of the valley of Kullu
4) According to a legend, this temple was built by Raja Jagat Singh in order to get rid of the sin. He was held responsible for the death of a Brahmin and his family
5) He was advised by the royal teacher to build a temple of Lord Rama and following the advice, he did the same. The idol of Lord Rama was brought from Ayodhya and installed in the sanctum for worship
Best Time To Visit:-
Raghunath Mandir is a famous shrine and is visited by the pilgrims on a daily basis. Every day, people from the nearby and far off places visit this place on a huge scale. The best time to visit the temple is during any time of the year.
Dushera and Ram Navami are the major festivals that are celebrated here. Many devotees participate in the celebrations and seek the blessings of their guardian deity, Shri Raghunath Ji. The entire shrine is festooned exquisitely and Prasad is distributed among everybody.
Kullu has a wider connectivity to the roadways, railways, and airways. It can be reached easily via flights, inter-state buses, and trains that are scheduled for it from different parts of India. Commuting within Kullu can be done via local cabs, autos, and shuttles.
Nearest Railway Station - Joginder Nagar Station
Nearest Airport - Bhuntar Airport
Top Things To Do In ManikaranView All
Best Travel Packages in ManikaranView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.